Do you want to start your eCommerce business without worrying about handling products or inventories? An eCommerce business which does not need you to physically handle product catalogs or having any warehouses or direct involvement of any kind.. Dropshipping is for you.
What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock or handle the products on its own.
In a dropshipping model, if a store sells a product, it purchases the product from a 3rd party and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the seller does not have to handle the product directly.
In fact, in the dropshipping model the seller does not own or stock the inventory on its end. Instead, the seller purchases the inventory as needed from a third party – usually a wholesaler or manufacturer – to fulfill the orders.
Benefits of Dropshipping
- Easy to start and very less capital is required
- Flexible location and low overhead
- Wide selection of products to sell
- Easier to test and scale
Disadvantages of Dropshipping
- Catalog/Inventory issues and low margins on sells – The products are not managed on your store so the catalog and inventory issues are there always.
- Shipping complexities as it is not handled on seller end instead the seller has to contact the 3rd party service provider to make the purchase and deliver the product to the customer directly.
- Supplier errors- As the product is not sold and delivered directly by the seller. The chances of errors are more.
- Limited customization and branding – As the products are directly sold and delivered by the 3rd party service providers there is no way you can customize the branding instead they carry the 3rd party seller’s details.
What is Printful? How it works with Shopify?
Printful is an on-demand order fulfillment and warehousing service that fulfills and ships products including clothing, accessories, and home & living items for online businesses. It’s free to set up, and doesn’t come with monthly fees or minimum order requirements. (Source: Printful.com)
You can easily install the Printful app to your shopify store and add unlimited products from a wide range of categories.
You can customize the product content including the product title, description, pricing, etc.
To start you first need to register for a Shopify account, followed by a Printful account.
You can use the above link to register your Shopify store and get online in 30 minutes. Also, when you register you get a 90 days FREE trial period.
Printful is very popular in the Dropshipping business. As explained, it does not need you to purchase a subscription plan for its services. You can start selling products with Shopify – Printful within matter of few minutes.
Printful also, provides features where the users can upload their own design and get it printed over T-Shirts, Hoodies, Sweatshirts, Mugs, etc.
All the shipping and printing is handled on the Printful end. To get yourself on Printful, please register your account now.
Still, confused? Want to know more about Dropshiping in detail: Click here