Table of Contents
Our aim is to fetch products from a Shopify store – Details such as: Product Name, Price, SKU, Product Image, Tags, etc., and then display the above-fetched products on a Non-Shopify based store or set up.
All Shopify stores have a public access product feed URL, which shows product information in XML format. So, what we can do is, create a demo or test store and then proceed with the below steps.
Steps to fetch collections/products from Shopify stores
- Create a Shopify-based store (You can create a FREE trial account or skip the step in case you already have a Shopify store.)
- Add few collections and products (Skip if you already have collections and products on your store).
Now, simply try the following URLs with the URLs and other details specific to your Shopify store…
Shopify All Collection products feed URL: https://www.example.com/collections/all.atom
Replace “example.com” with “your store URL address” and open this URL in your browser. You will get a page with XML format data. The XML format data contains information of Shopify products regardless of their collection or category.
Shopify Single Collection products feed URL: https://www.example.com/collections/collection-handle.atom
How to automate the collection or product syncing process?
- Create a PHP-CURL script at the other non-shopify-based store and hit the above URLs.
- Save the fetched product/collection information in your own database.
- Remember, users have to go to the Shopify store to complete the purchase as your non-shopify-based store is only serving the path to the actual product.
- You can set a CRON to the PHP-CURL script at the non-shopify-based store hosting to update the products and collection list in your database at a certain interval of time.
SAMPLE OUTPUT – 1: http://yourstore.myshopify.com/collections/replace-with-your-collection-name.atom
SAMPLE OUTPUT – 2: http://yourstore.myshopify.com/collections/all.atom