Table of Contents
What is a Schema?
Schema markup is a code that you add on your website whether its a blog, news portal, business website, property related website or any ecommerce store to help the search engines return or serve more informative results to the users.
Website Schema was introduced in 2011 by Google as a means of helping search engines more accurately display relevant results to users.
Today this Schema is very powerful and very important. By using the schema properly on your website you can not only improve the user accessibility to your website in search results but also can help in bringing a tremendous change in your search engine rankings and performance. It will impact your overall site visits and may help in conversions.
Schema.org is simply a website where they document the schemas that several major search engines will support. Schema.org is a collaboration between Google, Microsoft, Yahoo! and Yandex – large search engines who will use the marked-up data from web pages.
Popular Schema’s that you should have on your website.
- Schema mark up for Organization
- Schema mark up for Breadcrumbs
- Schema mark up for Website
- Schema mark up for Site Navigation
- Schema mark up for Products (Applicable eCommerce stores)
- Schema mark up for Ratings & reviews
- Schema mark up for FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
- Schema mark up for Webpage, local business, Apartments, House rent/sell, etc.
- Schema mark up for Blog, Articles, Events, Authors (Person), etc.
Know more from schema.org
To test schema markup Google Schema Checker Tool
To test rich snippets on your website click here